Tuesday, August 01, 2006

What's happening in my world?

Well, this is mostly for you Carris.

MY WORK LIFE:
At the end of June, Georgia, who was my number one person to go to for help and to ask dumb questions of, left to go and work overseas. Now I've taken on a lot of her responsibilities at the office and the work just keeps piling up. As soon as I think I'm on top of things I find out there is more to do. This is quite a change from when I used to sit around surfing the net, writing emails and chatting on MSN all day. But I kind of prefer the work. The day goes quicker and I feel like I actually deserve to be paid.
At the moment, I'm also training up a new guy in pretty much the same position as I was when I started back in February. Having to show him the ropes has actually made me realise how much I've learned in such a short time.
Also, a couple of weeks ago I met with the big boss and he offered me a position at JTP in 2008 after I've graduated from uni, so that's cool. Although kind of scary to know you've locked in the next few years of your life. Ooo and I also got a key to the office. Sounds like no big deal but it was to me.

MY SOCIAL LIFE:
After a long week of work I usually enjoy hanging out with my best friend Stephanie for what I like to call "casual events Friday". A lot of the time I can't be bothered going out after work on a Friday night so unless I go out with work friends Steph and I will get a DVD or go to the movies and pretty much just relax. However, Saturday is a completely different story. Saturday is "get out on the town for drinks, dancing and other mischievous activities night". (I'm thinking of shortening the name) We always have a great time and I love it. I usually spend the following week fielding messages from guys I met out but that's all part of the adventure. I really enjoy meeting new people. And the next weekend it starts all over again. I have to say, I find it quite inconvenient for church to be on Sunday mornings. Too early after a big night out. So most of the time, I rock up to church post-service to go out to lunch with the gang. I have much appreciation for the evening services.

MY LOVE LIFE:
Well, this is a very complicated area. At the moment you couldn't get me into a relationship if you paid me. And I've discovered that these days there are a lot more guys out there looking for a girlfriend rather than a one night stand. (Don't get me wrong, the sleazes are still out there) I was under the impression that guys were the ones who just wanted to have a good time and girls were the ones pining for boyfriends. So, when I decided I didn't want a boyfriend I thought it would be quite easy to still find a guy to hang out with, without the committment. But apparently, the world has turned upside down. 90% of the guys I have met in the last 6 months have clung to me and/or commented on how they are ready to settle down but I can't stand the thought of being restricted and I have lost every romantic bone in my body. After pyscho-analysing myself I've decided that I just haven't found the right guy yet. And that's fine with me, because I'm happy being single. My life hasn't been this exciting since...ever.

1 comment:

Carris said...

YAY!! janelle that was positively beautiful! lol. Glad to know what is going on in your life, so your moving up in this big wide world! social life sounds a bit like mine, only its youth group on fridays and dancing after. though i have to re-think my place on nightclubs, and whether it should be something i shoudl do or not. hmm. your love life sounds very complecated. But i like the decision to stay single. singleness rocks. single is also fun. and wait untill your ready to settle down as you say, coz there is no point doing it before you want to. :D very wise. However, dont stay like the wild stallion you are for too long!! i want to come to your wedding one day! ( before i die)
love ya, - carris