Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Mediocre Tuesday...

So much for on my way up to a "high point". I feel like absolute crap today. I'm tired and I have a headache. I almost chucked a sickie yesterday and almost again today. At the moment, I'm really not enjoying the full time work thing. Don't get me wrong, I really love my job but I'm just getting sick of waiting for the weekend to arrive, having it go so quickly, and then finding myself back at work waiting for the next weekend to come around. And it's even more annoying when most of the people that you know are on uni holidays so are sitting around on their butts complaining how bored they are. If one more person tells me that they are sooo busy sleeping in and watching day time TV all day I may have to take them down. (Slightly hypocritical cos last year that would've been me)
Anyway, luckily for me I do love my job. It's the reason I ended up making it there yesterday and this morning. I'd wake up, start to have a bit of a sook, contemplate calling in sick and then decide I'd rather pass the time doing something constructive (and somewhat enjoyable) than sit around feeling sorry for myself. Cos I know if I took the day off I'd sleep in then mope around all day in my pyjamas. I guess when it comes down to it I do feel better coming home at the end of the day and being able to make a list in my head of all the things I've accomplished throughout the day. But it still doesn't change the fact that getting up early sucks. And I'm tired and when you start the week tired there is no catching up.

4 comments:

Paul said...

Have an early night. Just because the parentals meet their daily sleep quota with several 15 minute snoozes between 6.30pm-1am before going to bed doesn't mean that you have to as well.

When I moved out I realised that the rest of the working world goes to bed earlier than they do.

Janelle said...

You of all people would realise that I DO go to bed early. Seeing as you've practically been living at home the past few months. But I know you just like to take every opportunity to emphasise that you've moved out and think you know better about everything now.

Carris said...

poor janelle! I wish you a good nights sleep tonight!! I can totally understand waiting for the week ends to come around!! I am the worst at doing that! However i think its what gets me through the week most of the time. I try and get a min of 7 hours a night and big cup of coffe in the morning. that keeps me awake!!
Cya jelly, cant wait till next year when i can come and see u on the weekends! love ya
-carris

Carris said...

hi janelle! this is a comment for the sake of putting a comment on your blog, and because i miss u heaps. and also to tell you that i think u need to update your blog more often. Coz, its hard for people like me, who hardly ever get to talk to you! and i have no diea whats going on in your life, unless you blog about it! coz i love hearing about it!
hehe, -carris