- Passing is probably easier than I make it out to be considering that I've passed 4 of these so far and there is an 80% pass rate.
- On the other hand, failing happens. These exams are tough and I know people who have failed modules who have put in just as much effort as I have and that's just depressing.
- Passing would be awesome. I keep thinking about how ecstatic I would be on the day that I get my results and find out that I've done it. Finished. Finally. That inspires me.
- Failing would be earth shattering. I've put in consistent effort over the last couple of months, sacrificing things I want to do and time with people that I'd like to see. Not to mention what will end up being 10 days straight of doing nothing else but study various accounting concepts.
- I constantly doubt myself. The only person who doesn't seem to believe in me is...me.
- I'm thinking of sueing the Institute for emotional distress and false imprisonment.
- Why am I doing this qualification again?
- Pass or fail...life will go on.
- There are far worse things in life than failing a CA exam, some people don't have homes.
- I'm hungry, time for dinner.
Sunday, June 06, 2010
So here I am...less than 48 hours away from doing what could be my last CA exam. I really really really want this to be my last exam cos I'm soooo ready to move on with my life but I have to pass it first. And here's what I'm thinking...
Thursday, May 15, 2008
I got home from work last night to find some mail waiting for me on the kitchen bench. So I opened the envelope but cursed when I received a big fat paper cut on my right thumb in doing so. And here's the ironic bit...the letter was from my bank in relation to injury protection insurance. I wonder...do they sharpen the paper on their envelopes as part of their sale strategy?
Tuesday, December 04, 2007
Prone to bouts of cynicism, sarcasm, and thorns, you excite a certain kind of man. Hoping to gather you up, he flirts and winks and asks you out, ultimately professing his love. Then you make him bleed. Why? Because you're the rare, independent, self-sufficient kind of woman who does want love, but not from a weakling.
Suprisingly accurate quiz result...
Thursday, November 01, 2007
Tuesday, September 18, 2007
It's getting kind of boring around here but for those that are still checking in on Janelle's Reality every now and then...allow me to update you on my Man-fast. I haven't kissed anyone since my last post!!!!!!!! I never thought I'd be excited to say such a thing but it's true and I'm just as surprised as you are. I thought that either A) I wouldn't be able to resist temptation or B) I'd just go completely insane. But it turns out that I can and I haven't.
Ok, I'll admit there have been several close calls where I've had to get myself out of some "situations" but the important thing to focus on here is that it's been three weeks and I (technically) have not been involved in any unnecessary physical contact with a member of the opposite sex. I rock!
Sunday, August 26, 2007
Monday, July 30, 2007
I struck an untapped resource this weekend and all I can say is...you better watch out guys, the next generation are putting you to shame! I've never considered dating someone younger than me and I still probably wouldn't go there but I thoroughly enjoyed my interaction with the 19 year old I met on Saturday night. I haven't been chatted up that well in aaaaages, I was surprised and impressed, which unfortunately doesn't happen very often anymore. And it wasn't just this particular guy that had a unique talent, Steph agreed from the conversation she had with his slightly older friend that our normal target age group of men are just getting damn lazy in comparison. Don't worry I'm not gonna go getting myself a toy boy now or anything...I'm just disappointed that guys more my age can't be as...charming and irresistable. It's time for the old dogs to get some new tricks!