Thursday, August 17, 2006

Fun fact...

I found out today from my apple juice (under the lid, that is. I didn't think my juice was talking to me) that the average person spends two weeks of their lifetime waiting for traffic lights to change. I wasn't very happy about that thought, it's a pretty big waste of two weeks. Then I remembered not long ago I discovered that the average person spends two weeks of their lifetime kissing. Ok, you got me, I didn't just casually remember that, I have the lid blu-tacked to my computer screen. Anyway, it got me thinking. If I spend as much time as I can kissing whilst waiting at traffic lights then I can decrease on the time wasted waiting for traffic lights and increase time spent kissing. Yeah, I know, you wish you thought of it first.

4 comments:

Paul said...

Depends who you're kissing.

I'm not sure whether there's much difference between kissing indescriminantly and being in a district with lots of red lights.

Carris said...

yes, it certainly does depend on WHO you are kissing! Janelle, the more and more i read your blog the more and more i see your wild side:P It isn't always a bad thing so dont worry.
I wonder if that fact is true for wodonganarians??? ( thats what i call people from wodonga... or wodongaites) Coz we only have like 3 traffic lights in the whole town...:P lol. However, just a 10 minuet car ride interstate and there is albury with zillions of them...
hmm.. interested. And who is classed as the average person?? who knows...
lol.
-carris

Lance said...

Kissing at traffic lights is fun...I also like to pick my nose, which is another thing you can do to avoid wasting that precious time.

I find it hard to believe that statistic anyway, I doubt very much that the billions of people in Africa, Asia and South America who have never even seen a traffic light would have been factored in to that equation.

I'd be interested to see the stat on how long we spend going to the toilet...brings a whole new meaning to wasting time...

Anonymous said...

hehe don't forget that 1 hour of kissing burns 36 calories or something like that LOL so two weeks of kissing...that's 336 hours so that's a total of 12096 calories burnt. Whoa! We'll be pretty thin after that :)