Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Mediocre Wednesday...

This post isn't about anything in particular. I just thought I should advise all of my beautiful blog readers out there that my spirits have now been lifted and I sense that I'm on my way up to another high point. It seems that my recent post regarding my acquatic low point inspired many people to continually ask me if I'm "ok". I would like to thank those people, you know who you are, simply for giving a crap.
In other news, life has been rather dull of late. Well, not dull in the sense that I have had nothing to do but dull in the sense that nothing out of the ordinary has happened. I had casual events friday (CEF) with Steph where we went to Highpoint for a shop. There's nothing better than a relaxing browse through clothing stores with my best bud after a hard week at work, chatting about everything from exceptionally horrible fashion styles to serious emotional issues. We ended our little spree with a hot chocolate at the pancake parlour, highly enjoyable evening.
Saturday night, Steph and I headed out to Billboards in the city. Finding ourselves a generous friend to take on the role as designated driver we had a drinky kind of night before wrapping up relatively early (bout 2ish)to kick on at my place. And when I say "kick on" I mean, drink the left over Bailey's from Steph's 21st and roll around on the floor giggling. Sunday I was up and off to lunch with the church gang at Cafe Lomah and then with a sudden burst of energy went to visit my nine year old twin cousins and my auntie where I was forced to join
Stardolls and stupidly used my real birthdate for my profile. How embarrassing. I am probably the only 20 year old member of "Paperdoll Heaven".
Work is kind of average at the moment. I have a lot on which makes the time go quickly but my boss is in a "let's tie up all our loose ends" kind of mood so I've had to review all the jobs I have on the go, work out why they have come to a hault and then do something to get them underway again which usually involves hassling a client as to why they haven't gotten back to me. This is on top of all the other stuff that I'm working on at the moment so I'm feeling a little swamped. It seems I have quite a bit of responsibility for an undergrad. I'm thinking of requesting that they hire me a personal assistant.

3 comments:

Carris said...

heeeeeey. lol. star dolls ay?? Are you a star now? hehe. thats funny. janelle you never fail to entertain me :D
-carris

Anonymous said...

Saturday night was the best hey...I can hardly remember even going to billboards LOL...anyways.....good to see you've found your inner child. Make that Star Child haha Go nellie!

Everett Flynn said...

ok... i didn't have time yet to read all of your recent posts. but i just wanted to say that your blog is damn funny. i'll definitely re-visit it to finish what i started reading today. thx.