Monday, September 18, 2006

Have you ever been low?

It could just be a bit of Monday-itis and I'm still really tired from the weekend but I generated this theory this morning that I've been in a low point for the last week or so and just haven't realised it. Sneaky little low point. It managed to creep up on me cos instead of being your average low point where just something monumentally negative happens there isn't a particular reason why I should have a low level of happiness and wellbeing. There's no massive event that I can pinpoint and say "I feel crap cos of this". I just have a general negative vibe going on. And this morning when I realised that I don't feel like my usual self, I realised that I have felt this way for awhile. I usually feel like I'm on top of everything, that nothing can get me down but lately little things have just been piling up and it's turned into this general low point.
Here's my little theory. Everyone has compartments to their life. You know, family, friends, work, uni, whatever. If one compartment springs a leak, something isn't quite right (seems I'm turning this into a boat analogy here, try and stay with me) and that's not too bad because you can just stand there and temporarily plug it up. But if another compartment springs a leak, well, you can't be in two places at once to plug them both up so one's gonna let water in. Then another leak happens and before you know it, the ships starting to sink. That's what I feel like. Little things just keep going wrong, of which by themselves are not that hard to handle. But collectively, they're starting to sink my ship.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't get down nellie. Maybe its not a "sneaky" low you are experiencing. You might just be stuck (for want of a better word) in a plateau. Cheer up! Many high times ahead :) xox mwah!!!

Paul said...

Staying up past midnight all weekend and then dragging yourself to work by first thing Monday morning... that could do it.

Get an early night. Things will look brighter in the morning.

Carris said...

have you tried prayer? It works you know.:P
Dont underestimate God, he can lift any burden you have, even if your sinking. pray.
-carris

Anonymous said...

that boat sinking metaphorish thing actually makes a bit of sense to me, well done.

but hey then if you get a really big hole like the titanic, it can destroy the whole ship. or can it?

Anonymous said...

Love your ship analogy.