Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Nellie is back!!!

Happy New Year blog readers! I realised today that my blog is officially a year old and I thank you for reading and sharing your thoughts with me over 2006. Last year didn't really end well for me and I've avoided my blog for the last couple of weeks. Yesterday, I drafted a post explaining the entire story to update you all but it was more of a venting exercise so I've decided for now to keep that to myself. Besides, it's a new year and there's lots to look forward to in 2007. On Friday I head off to lead on ESA summer junior camp for a week in Marysville. I'm looking forward to it heaps. I remember it was this time last year that I was about to head off to my first ESA camp and I really had no idea what I was getting myself into. It was an amazing experience, very rewarding, lots of fun and it's where I met Carris. I can't believe last year at this time I didn't even know her. She's such an awesome chick, a great friend and I love her to death. Carris lives in Wodonga so we keep in touch by email and our blogs of course. I'm extremely excited about hanging out with her for a week.
After I return from camp, a week later it's my 21st birthday. Woohoo! I haven't really been that excited about my birthday really, other stuff on my mind. The plans for my party have taken a back seat for a while now but I'm sure it will come together. So look out for your invitation in the mail soon. The party won't be till February.
Speaking of February, by the end of that month I'll have finished up working full time at JTP to commence my final year of uni. Yay! I'm looking forward to going back to uni life and finishing my course. I'll still be part time at the firm doing a day or two a week but I'll be trading up early mornings and less holidays for homework and exams.
So, that's what's on for 2007 at the moment. Who knows what else will happen in my reality. Guess you'll have to keep an eye out.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

and we're back.
yay theres stuff to read on the net again.

Everett Flynn said...

ok... hello, janelle. I ran across your blog a few months ago. maybe longer -- i think it was back in september. the post back then was the one about your dating rules. i ran into it pretty randomly and just thought it was pretty damn funny. from time to time i check out your blog to see what's what. like today. after reading your most recent post, i'm pretty curious about what you said in the post you didn't put online and, instead, said it was rantiing you decided to keep to yourself. so... i wonder what happened to elicit that venting. what are the odds that you might reveal? i live in minneapolis, minnesota in the u.s. i'm an occasional fan of your blog. no more, no less. so, if you're prompted to share your venting, you seem interesting and i'll bet it would be a good read. cheers, edf.

Everett Flynn said...

oh yeah, if you don't mind my curiosity, what does "ESA" stand for?

Janelle said...

Hi edf. Good to hear from you. I'll share with you a brief summary of my massive low point and what happened in the final two weeks of 2006. A) I was involved in a car accident. I was unharmed but my car was dinted up pretty well. B) The guy I had been seeing for the last 5 months announced he was moving to Italy the next day and subsequently flew out on New Year's Day. It was heart-wrenching. C) I therefore became a bit of a nutcase. Couldn't eat properly, went out and got quite drunk. D) My best friends then ditched me in my time of need on New Year's Eve for being a bit of a nutcase.
So that's that. Everything is fine now. Back to normal, whatever normal is. I bounce back pretty well these days. I am no stranger to heartbreak.
Besides, I was on a high point for a good many months there so it was inevitable that I would be smacked down sooner or later.
P.S ESA stands for Equipping, Serving and Assisting. www.esa.org.au