Friday, November 17, 2006

Going hard at it...

I'm used to being busy and having a lack of sleep on the weekends but I have encountered a new experience recently, the weeknight schedule book-out. This has been my life since Sunday:
MONDAY - I headed off to my ballroom dancing lesson at 6:30pm. Then after it finshed up at 7:30pm we did what we always do and took a stroll over to Safeway Petrol. Every week we perform the same ritual. Warren says hello to Sam, the servo attendent, I catch up on some celebrity goss, Warren asks me if i'm "gonna buy that?" and everyone makes their purchases. Then we stand outside for a couple of minutes chatting and eventually head back to our cars. This week after the servo, Warren and I had a little make out...er I mean...catch up session (Disclaimer: that was a joke) and I went home about 8:30pm to have dinner.
TUESDAY - I scheduled in having dinner with one of my friends from working at Safeway. Natalie and I promised each other that after I left The Fresh Food People we wouldn't lose touch. Our last social catch up was about 8 months ago so it was definitely time for another. We went out to Lazy Moe's at 7:30pm where I had a chicken burger and ended the evening at Macca's for a caramel sundae.
WEDNESDAY - I had a date down on Keilor Rd for coffee. Arrived at 7:30pm amidst the hail storm. Departed at 11:40pm giving the front and rear demisters a good work out. ;) (Disclaimer: also possibly a joke).
THURSDAY - Snuck out of work ten minutes early to catch earlier train from Flagstaff station to get back to my car to get to Mark & Sonia Lindsay's place by 6pm. I babysat their two cutie children till about about 10pm. They're pretty good kids. I listened to them talk to me kiddy style for the first half an hour. The conversation included discussion about poisonous bugs, this boy at school who said he had been down a black hole, the episodes of Star Wars that I've seen and the definition of a "warlord". Then I watched Neighbours with them, read a story for half an hour after that and put them to bed. This time they didn't even get out of bed once. Little angels.
FRIDAY - Well, that's tonight, and as usual I'm hanging out with Stephanie for CEF (Casual Events Friday). I'm going over to her place to share some goss. I haven't seen her since last Friday night. It feels like forever. But Steph is on exams till Tuesday so she's been busy acting studious. Lol. Can't wait till she's finished. There is some much-awaited post-exam partying to be done. Yes, indeed.
I'm definitely looking forward to having a nice, relaxing weekend. Saturday should be mostly sunny with a top of 23, followed by a low of 13 and a top of 28 on Sunday. Some great Spring weather ahead, Pete. Back to you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Busy week hey Nellie bear. Thanks for the weather heads up. Good to see its getting hot..just as my exams finish. Woohoo!