Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Janelle Wins 1-0 !!!!!

Sit yourself down cos this is gonna take awhile. Well, chances are you're already sitting so here we go. The rules for assignment weekend were set:
  • Must reach 2000 words by Friday or no going out Friday night (great motivation)
  • Must reach 4000 words by Saturday or no going out Saturday night (even better motivation)
  • Must finish assignment by Sunday night or fail co-op year (ultimate motivation)

I set my alarm for 8:30am on Friday, got up, went and got all my materials required for assignment writing and sat down at the computer. I started with the introduction which took awhile to get going but once I hit the body of the report things were flowing along nicely. I didn't move from the computer all day, except once to pee, and thanks to my mum I didn't starve, she brought breakfast and lunch to my desk. At quarter to 5pm I wrapped up at a word count of 2011, went and had a shower, got dressed up and headed out to Stephanie's place. Her parents were kind enough to drive us out to a party in Warrandyte, at which we had a few drinks and I got home at about 1am. Saturday morning I was up again at 9am and back onto the assignment. I allowed myself to get a little distracted on MSN this time but still managed to get my word count up to 4071 before I finished up at 6ish to have dinner and get ready to go out again. This time it was down to Metro in the city for Steph's brother's birthday. I had one vodka and OJ, two cowboy shots and a Smirnoff black, followed by a whopper with cheese at Hungry Jack's. Knowing there was still a chunk of assignment left to do and Sunday was crunch time I headed home at 2am to get some sleep. For some reason, even though I had planned a sleep in I woke up bright and early at 9 feeling rather alert so I dragged myself back to the computer for one last round of typing. I got the actual assignment done by early afternoon at a word count of 5163 however it took me hours to muck around with the formatting and bibliography. In usual RMIT style, I was locked out of the database where I got some of my references from so couldn't get back in to find out the publisher details etc. Took me half an hour to work out how to renew my password and retrieve the information I required. I slumped into bed at 10:30pm and spent the entire night dreaming of typing on the computer. System overload. I was 40 minutes late for work on Monday and when I stuck my memory stick into my work PC so I could print it all up, it wouldn't register. Typical, something had to go wrong. I got onto the IT guy after trying to hunt down old Pauly Pops with no luck, and all was fixed. I dropped the assignment in the box on level 15 at RMIT at lunchtime with a kiss for success and walked away feeling proud of my achievements and rather free. I suggested a nudey run down Collins Street to Steph but for some reason she didn't go for it. Anyway, thank you blog readers for your support and for bearing witness to this extraordinary achievement.

4 comments:

Carris said...

YAHOOO!!!! ( thats my new word by the way:P) thats so awesome janelle!!! I knew you could do it! haha. and you got to party on the weekend to! Gee, some people get the best of both worlds...:P
congrat's!
-carris

Anonymous said...

That's my nellie bear! Knew you could do it (egardless of a previous comment i may have posted lol) thanks for the awesome weekend chicky. looking forward to the next one! xox

Paul said...

Haha.

When I did co-op I dropped my assignment in the post to uni about a week and a half after the official deadline.

What are they going to do? Fail you and make you do co-op again? Pffft.

Anonymous said...

your so cool paul.